The Immaculate Conception Church is a Roman Catholic church along Burmah Road in Pulau Tikus, George Town. It was founded by Portuguese Eurasians who came to settle in Penang to escape persecution in Phuket. They were the "latecomers" of an earlier batch of Catholic Eurasian immigrants who arrived in Penang when the island was first established by Captain Francis Light, who had founded the Church of the Assumption in town.
Address: 1, Lorong Maktab, Pulau Tikus, George Town, 10460, Penang, MALAYSIA
The City Hall of George Town or Dewan Bandaraya George Town is a Victorian-style building along Jalan Padang Kota Lama. It was constructed in 1903, and opened in 1906. It holds the distinction as being one of the first buildings in George Town, Penang, to be completely fitted with electric lights and fans.
Address: Jalan Padang Kota Lama, George Town, 10200, Penang, MALAYSIA
At Kuala Jalan Bharu, a little fishing hamlet lined with Chinese style wooden cottages, you will find the Loh family coconut processing business. The coconut is perhaps the most highly utilized plant in Balik Pulau. In this cottage industry, the husks are seperated from the coconut kernal, dried and shredded to be used as compost. The flesh of the young coconut is sold for the extraction of coconut milk (used in cooking) and the flesh of older coconut is dried and sold for the extraction of oil.
Address: Kuala Jalan Bharu, Balik Pulau, 11010, Penang, MALAYSIA